Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rough to start over

Today I had a appointment with my neurologist and like it often is I left more frustrated than when I walked in their door. I have a rare form of epilepsy and every time I see a new doctor they question whether I have seizures or not. At the medical university of south Carolina they speculated that it was just a nervous tick until an emergency EEG was done and I had fifty- nine seizures in 57 minutes. They soon apologized for their mistake. This new doctor in Maine of course cannot rely on musc's test and procedures they want to do it all over again, testing whether I have epilepsy at all. It is so frustrating to have to do it all over again every couple years. All new hospital stays, all new diets and medicines. When, when will all this stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment