Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wasted Time

I spent 20 years of my life denying that I had epilepsy. I would convince myself I had anything but THAT disease. The more I denied it, the more it chased me. The more it chased me, the more I realized if I just embrace it I CAN make this illness better. I can defeat it or at least manage it...and I love to manage, control, boss around-- whatever you want to call it. I join in every walk I can for epilepsy and read all day about new strides within the research community, knowledge is power. I embrace this challenge God has given me and look forward to doing whatever I can to help those in the same predicament. He makes no mistakes, I guess He knew I would be a strong helper. I cannot think about the wasted time I have to plan my perfect God given future.

No comments:

Post a Comment